It’s been a long time coming, but I’ve finally made the update… my Etsy store has a new name!
I was tired of explaining my store’s former name all the time (FrauleinPfau = “Miss Peacock” in German; at the time of creating my store I was in a big German kick and I loved anything peacock [not quite as much nowadays]), and I wanted something that included my name.
So then it became a matter of finding a new shop name – something to reflect the odd assortment of handicrafts in which I dabble, and something to include my name.
Lo and behold, I found the right word – with the bonus of alliteration haha:
Misc Marica (Miscellaneous Marica)
And of course I needed a new banner for the top of my shop’s website:
My shop’s new banner; I took that background photo, incorporating a few of my items (cards, dreamcatchers, jewelry, and resin pieces)
Century Gothic is one of my go-to fonts (so clean and basic), so I knew I’d want to use it for my new “look”.
I have also added a bunch of new items recently.
Click here to see my Etsy store – and if you use the code “MISCWELCOME15” at checkout, you can get 15% off your purchase of $15 or more. Good through July 8.
UPDATE: I did slightly alter the shop name; it’s now MiscMarica, and has been changed in the above hyperlink as well.
My goodness, it’s already January 14!
So I didn’t post immediately soon after the New Year as I had hoped, but it’s still January so… whatever 🙂
2017 is alright so far.
I’m doing well with one simple thing that I wanted to do more of this year: read. I’m setting aside approximately an hour between dinner and evening-coffee for reading. For a few days I had read some American Founding Fathers documents (I found a beautiful book at B&N which contains the Declaration of Independence, Federalist Papers, some letters, some speeches, the Constitution, etc). I’m currently halfway through Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte; I had no idea what to expect, and for the longest time I didn’t think I’d ever want to read it, but I’m currently REALLY enjoying it and I can’t wait to finish it.
I’m also trying to start the process in refreshing my Etsy store. I want to have a new shop name and hopefully revive it. I’d like to see a few more sales this year than I did last year.
There aren’t really any plans/goals for 2017 besides getting a new job. I also will have my high school ten-year reunion in July (on my birthday, oddly), and my mom and I will see a European dance troupe in Cleveland in April (we’ve seen them several times over the years). I’m also hoping to be a spectator at at least two historical reenacting events in the area. I would love to do some traveling, but it will depend on what my new job is and what it allows in terms of holidays and such.
And I’m slowly trying to work on being happier in general. I’ve greatly struggled with being happy with myself for many years.
Readers, do you have any goals or plans for 2017?
On Monday my mom and I picked up our new glasses. A really cute guy working there found these frames for me when my mom asked if he could help find both of us new frames (so that we’d have an outsider’s opinion). They’re navy blue, with a white and light aquamarine interior. They’re also a bit bigger than my last pair (seen in my avatar), so it’s nice to have a slightly larger viewing area. My mom and I usually go together to get the buy-one-get-one back-to-school deals every other year.
These photos were taken after an interview on Tuesday… which I think went well. I should have an answer by next Friday. And hopefully my snazzy new glasses got me a few extra points haha.
I know, I know. I stink at updating this blog. But here is my bright Easter Sunday outfit for church. The skirt is from ModCloth, the tank is from Target, and the blazer is from Maurices. I love that the skirt is bright, floral, and perfect for twirling as it’s a circle skirt 🙂 The yellow is also a new color for me to wear, so I’m trying to find ways to wear it.
… we’ll see if I wait another few months before my next post haha
I got this idea from Russ. 😉
- My birthday is the smack-dab middle of the year – July 1. It makes it easy for me to remember how old I am or how much time I have until my birthday haha.
- I finally got a smartphone last April (Samsung s5). To be honest, I still don’t think I can justify its $70/month bill since I hardly communicate with it and I’m not attached to it all the time.
- My favorite candy bars are Kit Kat, Reese’s, Almond Joy, 100 Grand, Milky Way, Heath, and Cadbury Milk Chocolate. I also love M&M’s.
- I love to craft. I currently make cards, jewelry, and dreamcatchers. I’m always excited to try a new crafting technique. I would love to explore sewing more, but it involves more money, time, and space than what I have.
- I currently work as a “float” bank teller, helping out a dozen branches in my region. I’ve been at it since Sept 2014. I’m now looking for a new job that doesn’t involve sales or interacting much with customers. I’m always frustrated, cranky, and stressed out.
- I have a younger sister. She’s already married and she will soon become a children’s librarian.
- I have never been in what I’d consider a relationship, or have been on what I’d say is a date. I have so many thoughts and feelings about my dating/relationship life, and maybe I’d feel better if I talked with someone about everything, but I’ve never really gotten to share them with anyone, and I don’t feel comfortable sharing it online.
- I enjoy fresh tomatoes, but HATE chunky cooked/stewed tomatoes. Smooth pasta/pizza sauce is acceptable. Tomato soup is gross.
- I’m a conservative Republican.
- I have yet to break a bone or go to the hospital for anything *knock on wood*. The worst I’ve ever been was a strange stomach problem I had in the beginning of 2011. I think it ended up being kidney stones and it passed, but I can’t really remember much of that time.
- I generally regret college now. I have yet to really use my degree, I made a number of REALLY stupid choices in terms of interacting with people, and I’m still mayyybe only friends with one person that I met there (even that person we only talk once in a blue moon). It was a bit of a waste of time and money. However, I will always be thankful for the opportunity to study abroad and open up that desire for traveling.
- I have maybe… twenty?… cardigans. If it isn’t twenty, it looks like it when glancing into my closet. I love them. They’re like a security blanket for me. I don’t like to show too much skin, and cardigans give me that coverage and security.
- I have about 190 haikus written in a notebook. Most are depressing and bitter. I don’t know why I’m saving them. And I really don’t enjoy reading too much of other peoples’ poetry.
- Most times I feel like I was born 100-200 years too late.
- Someday I’d like to explore historical reenacting.
- I love Dr Pepper and Diet Coke.